Position will manage the development and release of a complex data warehousing infrastructure as well as following releases. The individual will be required to interact with technical data warehouse staff as well as non-technical customers.
|task||% of time spent|
|Manage project using Microsoft Project and other Project Management tools||30|
|Work with technical staff to understand current status of project||10|
|Collect and manage project issues and risks||15|
|Communicate project status to stakeholders and management||5|
|Work with technical staff to develop effective project plan based on task assessment||30|
|Communicate with project stakeholders and customers||5|
|Other project-related activities as required||5|
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus; PMI certification (or equivalent combination of methodology and project management extensive experience)
• Proven ability to work with all members of a project team, including business leaders, technical leaders, software engineers, and system administrators.
• Must be extremely organized and capable of tracking, managing, and resolving issues on multiple projects simultaneously.
• 7-9 years of progressive broad-based information systems experience with technology, business analysis, or back office business process experience
• 2 years or more business unit experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
• 3+ Years experience in managing projects of 5-10 employees (including contractors) with an a budget exceeding $3 million
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
• Expert in project management processes and lifecycles using common frameworks
• Experience with facilitating technical meetings and decisions across a large, matrixed technology team
• Experience with leading the establishment of development, migration, testing and operational support standards, templates and processes
• Experience w/ deploying supporting analytical tools such as: SAS, SPSS, Brio, Business Objects, Proclarity, or MicroStrategy in a 300+ user environment preferred
• VLDB experience with relational db’s such as SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata preferred